Wednesday, August 26, 2009

cautiously optimistic

We just got back from the hospital a little while ago, and right now I'm cautiously optimistic. The hematologist seems to think Bradley does Not have the blood condition thalassemia, but went ahead and did more blood work to check his prognosis. We should hear by Friday the lab results and then go from there. Without going into all the specific details, the doctor has good reason to believe Bradley's numbers are just on the low side of what's considered normal. Thank you for all the prayers lifted up. To have a diagnosis overturned that his pediatrician was certain of is nothing short of a miracle. I told God that's obviously what I would want to hear, but that we would trust Him with whatever the outcome. Honestly I prepared myself to hear that Bradley had a mild for of thalassemia, and had done so much research on the disease, that when the doctor told me his thoughts, I was rendered speechless! My list of questions I had prepared was now moot, and all I can say is that God is good.

3 comments:

Keri said...

that is really wonderful, and I am really glad to hear it :)

Brian Vilendrer said...

yes very good to hear. I like the picture on here as well!!! MUWAH!

Brian Vilendrer said...

yes very good to hear. I like the picture on here as well!!! MUWAH!