- B-man (Michael Jackson's Beat It)- since B-Man is Brian's nickname for Bradley
- Gwen Stephani's Holla Back Girl- during breakfast, since B has a banana almost every morning. The song serves educational purposes!
- Munchkin Man (Macho Man- the Village People)- since another nickname is munchkin
- Miss New Booty- Bubba Sparxxx- yes, some will wag their finger at me for singing offensive rap to my child, but it just comes naturally since we refer to Bradley's derriere as his "booty!" (the lyric most often sung is "Booty booty booty rockin' everywhere!"
- All the single Babies (All the single Ladies- Beyonce)- this is a favorite of mine to sing to Bradley as he immediately starts clapping along, just like in the real song, whenever I sing to him
Saturday, July 18, 2009
POP goes my baby
The blog title references a song in of one of my favorite movies, Music And Lyrics. The subject matter of the film focuses on pop music and the impact it has on people's lives. I use my Bachelor of Music degree every day (thanks mom and dad for college!) to sing to Bradley. Most of the time, we sing pop songs with the lyrics changed to apply to him. I thought I'd share a few of these.
I'm sure there are more, but they escape me at the moment. I love surrounding Bradley with music and making it a part of every day life. I can't wait til the day he hears the real version of a song we sing to him, and recognizes that it has different lyrics than the ones we usually sing!