Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Driving down Hwy 98 is like deja vous... all over again

A lot of people have been asking how I'm doing, adjusting to Brian being gone. Usually I'm fine until they ask, and then I start to fight back the tears. Yesterday was both and "up" and "down" day for me.

Bradley and I drove out to Panama City Beach to visit Rhonda & Joe on their mini-vacay. The weather cooperated, so we got in some beach time. We burried Joe in the sand, and Bradley actually enjoyed being in the Big Ocean for a change- I think I finally figured out the trick here- take him out past where the waves are breaking, and he loves being held and splashing in the water! Of course with Photo Joe and his lovely wife around, they had the camera and were taking pictures, so I don't have any of my own to share yet, but I'm sure they'll be good when I get them.

After beach time, we headed up to the condo for lunch and cleaned up and left to go shopping at a nearby area called The Pier. We treated ourselves to ice cream, and Rhonda and I had to pose for a picture in front of the Panama City Beach location of Tootsie's Orchid Lounge! I didn't realize there was one down here. Joe left us briefly to go look at shoes, so Rhonda suggested we go in this store called Deja Vous. So then I suggested we go in this store called Deja Vous. :)

After a small poop explosion from Bradley which required an outfit change in the family bathroom, we drove around a little more, and then dropped Rhonda and Joe back off at their condo. It was Bradley's nap time, and time for us to head back west on Highway 98. I did take one picture on our drive back. It's a little weak for the TAR blog, but I laughed nevertheless.

Laura guessed that maybe she was a pig farmer. I suggested perhaps she's a manager of a Honeybaked ham store.

Driving past base on my way home, I couldn't help but see all the uniformed people driving home from a normal day at work and feel sad that Brian was not one of those people. On a positive note, I have gotten a phone call from him almost every day so far, and daily emails as well so that helps. He is doing well and adjusting to his new job and schedule. So far I have met my goal so far of physically getting out of the house at least once a day. Today will be no different. I'm taking Bradley to have some follow up bloodwork done for his anemia, and then tonight we have church and choir. Happy Hump Day to everyone.

No comments: