Monday, June 29, 2009

June Journal

I have been so uninspired to blog lately, so I apologize to the many (or the few of you) who keep checking the divadomain, only to be frustrated that you've already read the recap of our trip to Tennessee. Well to those I say, read it again; it's just like a great book. You can get something new out of it each time you read it. No? Well, I tried anyways.

Okay, so here's what's been going on with us, the Vilendrer family, Brian, Amanda, and Bradley:

Brian's mom, Ann, moved here a week-and-a-half ago, so now Bradley has his Grandma Anna just a few miles down the road. We are excited to have her here, and she's already helped us out by babysitting so Brian and I could attend a marriage seminar on base this past weekend.

Also the same weekend Ann moved, Brian and Bradley celebrated their 2nd Father's Day together. Bradley had this great idea to spell out a Father's Day message to dad, so I helped him out with it.
I honestly can't remember what we did that day! I think after church it was just a lazy day around Casa Vilendrer. We ate a quick lunch of pizza, and then I cooked for all of us that night. Here's Father and Son, opening presents. Brian received a travel coffee mug personalized with pictures of him and Bradley together, and also a "daddy and me" picture frame.


Besides those 2 events, there isn't much else to report except that it has been HOT here! I have had to be diligent about watering my hanging flower baskets twice a day (the ones I was so excited to purchase for $5 a piece). I also really goofed and watered our lawn for 3 hours one weekday after turning on the sprinkler in the morning and forgetting about it til lunchtime! Oops!

To cool off in the afternoons, and to give us something to do in between lunch and the afternoon nap, Bradley spends some time in his backyard pool. This is a rare occasion where he isn't tugging at his hat or his sunglasses!

On the Bradley front, there isn't much new happening. He still won't say 'mama' although ironically enough, on Father's day Ann and I heard him say it once, but he hasn't said it again since. If you tell him, Bradley, say mama, he responds cheerfully with da-da-da-da. Fantastic. The little guy is so close to walking, and we are hopeful we can coax him into taking those first steps before Brian deploys in a few weeks.

I suppose I should say something about that on here too. Brian is deploying in a few weeks. He'll be gone for a few months, and it will be our first deployment since we've been together. I am a wreck about it whenever I see war movies on tv, and I anticipate the 4th of July taking on a particular new meaning for me this year, but otherwise I am confident the time will fly be and he'll be back before you know it. I still don't know all the ins and outs about what's allowed to be discussed openly about deployments, and documented on the internet for all to see, so anyone who wants to know more can ask me directly.

Back to Bradley, this is a blurry picture, but I caught him with "Alfalfa hair" one day last week after waking up from a nap, so I had to take a picture.

(PS aunt Lisa, he loves his Fischer Price aquarium you got him for Christmas- I put it in his crib back when we had to take down his mobile, and he is mesmerized by it!)

We went and got 1st birthday pictures taken last week, so for all of you who sent birthday presents and cards, I'm sending pictures along with thank you notes, so that's why you'll get them a month late!

The month of June has given us many opportunities to see family. Last week Bradley and I were able to drive out to PCB and visit with Michael, Missy, and the kids. We spent the day with them at the beach while they were down here on vacation. I feel horrible because I brought my camera, and I know that Michael took some pictures, but the only one I have to document the day is Bradley sacked out on Michael's lap at the very end of the day! It was so great to be able to visit with my aunt, uncle, and cousins.

And what is new with me, the Domestic Diva? Well I fixed my own stopped-up kitchen sink this past week. Apparently the garbage disposal can only handle so much, and the white rice was a bit too much. With Brian's blessing to attempt to fix the sink on my own, and with my dad talking me through it over the phone, I was able to unclog the sink myself, and I was darn proud of myself for doing it! Brian was also a handyman around the house this weekend, but that's going to have to be saved for a separate blog because it's an entirely different topic that I want to cover.

Blessings to you all, and happy anniversary today to Bart and Ari who are celebrating their 2nd wedding anniversary! Love you, Snake, and Sceptre!

No comments: