Monday, May 11, 2009

Mama's Boys

Yesterday I celebrated my first "official" mother's day as a mom. I got a really cool Snapfish card in the mail on Friday from my mom and dad that had a picture of me and Bradley when he was one day old, and another picture of the two of us at Easter. I am constantly amazed at how much he has changed and grown up in a year. Bradley also got a tshirt from Old Navy that said I love my Mom from aunt Laura. The t-shirt made me cry because I realize how much I love this little person, and can only hope the shirt is tue and he loves me that much too.
Bradley and Mommy on Mother's Day... you know I color coordinated on purpose!
Ann was able to spend Mother's day with us too, and our friend Amber and her son Micah came over for lunch since her husband is deployed right now. Brian cooked Mexican for us at my request, and he whipped up some amazing chicken enchiladas, rice, and beans. I told him now that the cat's out of the bag and I know he can cook, he's going to be getting kitchen duty more often!
Our spectacular chicken enchiladas: Mama's Boys: Brian & Ann, Micah & Amber, Bradley & me

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Precious! All the kiddos sitting on moms' laps HAHA!

emmysue said...

Two things:
1) Are you wearing O lipstick? It looks awesome!
2) Brian, WAY TO GO on the enchiladas. They look amazing!

Keri said...

OMG Brian sitting on Ann's lap is hilarious

Amanda Vilendrer said...

Emily- YES, that is indeed O lipstick I'm wearing... such a great color! And the funny thing is that morning when I put it on, I was explaining to Brian how several of my friends owned the shade but it looks different on all of us! You are very preceptive!