Wednesday, April 01, 2009

new season, new leaf

Spring is here, the weather is getting warmer, Bradley is getting more mobile, and I'm making every effort to get us out of the house more. When Bradley was a newborn (and for many months therafter) I was so overwhelmed with being a brand-new mom, not to mention being a new wife in a new place, that I sort of spun my wheels every day trying to accomplish menial household tasks, and never getting "enough" done. This led me down a spiral of shame for not accomplishing more, and left me feeling guilty about wanting to pursue activities and friends outside the home when I had so much left to do here on a daily basis.

No more. I have turned over a new leaf. Bradley and I are still doing Kindermusik once a week, but I've also got my brand-new library card, and have several opportunities looming in the background through church activities and military spouse's clubs. I vow to get out of the house and make new friends in order to keep my sanity! I'm researching yoga classes in the area and have just started to get to know my neighbor 2 houses down who's also a stay at home mom who has a little boy 6 months older than Bradley.

I refuse to get bogged down by all the "stuff" I have to do and base my self esteem on what I accomplish each day, because at the end of the day, I know it is so much more important to spend quality time with Bradley than keep a clean house if I have to choose.

3 comments:

Natrudy said...

Good for you FR, I like your attitude!!

Rhonda said...

I do too! Proud of you! Love ya.

Keri said...

Have you heard of MOPS? Mothers of PreSchoolers? They are church-based and pretty awesome.