Thursday, March 05, 2009

the Sideshow

I'm sorry, but I was under the impression that I undertook the project of creating a slideshow for Laura & George's wedding rehearsal/reception. What it's turned into however, is a sideshow!

I have worked tirelessly on creating this collaboration of pictures and music for over 6 weeks now, and it's getting a bit ridiculous! Who knew that making one of these things would be such a fiasco? But when you're gathering pictures from multiple places, scanning old pictures, employing no less than 3 computers, and 4 different slideshow programs, and trying to add mp4 files to programs that only accept mp3 formats, using programs that only allow you to add one song when you need many, and every time you re-save the pictures they get out of order, or you have different numbers of pictures saved in different places, it's all kinds of fun let me tell you! I'll spare you the rest of the details, but I am a firm believer now that Heather's husband Jacob is a genius, and my work here is finally done. You people coming to the wedding better OOH and Ahh and chuckle over this production while it's playing like there's no tomorrow!

2 comments:

MamaB said...

I did laugh a few times but that was while I was wiping away my tears while watching it. It is amazing to watch 24 years go by in 14 minutes. Happy and Sad at the same time!! You did a great job! Kudos to the mini-movie producer-director!!

Bart and/or Ari said...

ooh and aaah i am so amazed. no, really, i am totally amazed.