Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Bachelorette Bash

Well, the wedding is officially ON! We gals survived the bachelorette party on Saturday night, and the snow early Sunday morning before heading back to civilization. Leah's parents' lake house in Winchester served as the perfect getaway spot for 12 ladies to eat, drink, and be merry. Laura got showered with some naughty and nice lingerie, and we played some awesome games.















For the first game everyone grabbed their purses and got points for all the items called out that we had in our bags. I thought sure I'd win this one (well, truthfully, I think I'm going to win every game I play), especially with my mom items in tow, but alas, I possessed no risque items, and those were worth the most points. The next game was an ongoing Bingo game that we played all night till someone got a bingo. Each card was different, but filled with wedding and bachelorette-related words that the bride could conceivably say (except for Wangs... who actually says that?).
Finally, the game that I DID win was a questionnaire of how well we know the bride. Considering it's my sister getting married, I hope I'd win this one. So did Leah. As the party planner she arranged for the prize of this game to be a cute pink frame, knowing how much I love the color!




Later in the evening, and several drinks later, we played "Pin the Macho on the Man!" We had more fun laughing at the rapist expression on the man's face than anything else. Yes, he looked shady Leah said, but the only other alternative was a big black man! I'll take the Rapist. (That's therapist, Mr. Connery)





Laura grilled at her own party, not able to relinquish control in the kitchen, but the burgers, dogs, and sides were fantastic. And of course, what female bash would be complete without a Dance Party USA happening once it got a little later, the music got a little louder, and inhibitions were a little more gone? As matron of honor and big sis, I was supposed to take care of Laura and make sure she was okay throughout the night, but it ended up the other way around. I even ended up with a "bachelorette bruise" on my knee that I have no idea where it came from. I guess going a year and a half without drinking hardly at all will drop one's tolerance to alcohol considerably.




I still can't believe in just 9 short days my little sis will be Mrs. George Murdoch, but I'm sure excited for the big day to be here.

1 comment:

Bart and/or Ari said...

sounds like you guys had a blast! congrats on a successful bachelorette party!