Thursday, January 08, 2009

Lucky Number 7 months

On January 7th, Bradley turned 7 months.
  • His sixth month was marked by settling into a daily routine with eating and napping (but still not unfortunately, sleeping through the night!).
  • At 6 1/2 months, the chunky monkey was a little over 17 1/2 pounds and was 26 1/4 inches long.
  • He's sitting up all by himself, though I usually keep a boppy pillow behind him, and an eye on him anyways, as he had an unfortunate run-in with a shelf in his room last week.
  • Bradley is also a Boob Man. He hasn't taken to eating solid foods all that enthusiastically, nor have his bowells agreed with the solids either! We are slowly but surely changing that, but you can't help the guy for his preference for Ol' Bessie.
  • The lifesaver toy for this month has been his new exersaucer from Grandma & Grandpa B. How did I survive without this? Bradley loves bouncing in it, and it gives me anywhere from 15-30 minutes of uninterrupted time.
  • Teething has begun, but no pearly whites have appeared just yet.
  • Still no discernible babbling other than laughs and squeals of delight, and impatient whining whenever the food isn't ready right this second, or no one is paying him full attention! (Is it too early to teach him there's no crying in baseball, or breastfeeding, or in restaurants??!!)
The little guy is so much fun. I never thought I would get so excited over a poopy diaper, or love someone so much when I see him smiling at me from his crib in the morning! I share fellow new-mom Rachel's sentiments that Bradley is in his golden age right now- easy as far as babies go because he still isn't mobile, but is old enough to sit up and play now. The time will come soon when he'll be scooting and crawling all over the place, but for now, I'm reveling in the fact that at least the munchkin will stay where I put him for the most part, and I'm crossing my fingers that month 7 for Bradley will be the lucky month where he finally allows mommy to get some sleep!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Bradley (the female who can actually read this comment) I feel your pain about the sleeping through the night thing. Redden didn't sleep through the night until he was at least 6 and 1/2 months old. I think it was later than that but at this point I am in denial. Just keep telling yourself that he can't not sleep through the night forever. He won't be 16 and waking up in the middle of the night; but let's pray it doesn't take that long... hehehe

Anonymous said...

at at seven and a half he is now talking...well babbling but hey we will take what we can get right? Ok, lets watch Friends!!!