Tuesday, January 20, 2009

44th & fashion forward

I woke up this morning giddy with optimism. It's Inauguration Day, I informed Bradley. He looked at me and smiled. I doubt it was because he understood what I was saying... I doubt it :o)

Today Barack Obama became our 44th president of the United States. I was glued to CNN this morning- scanning the crowd shots for Heather & Jacob, and for Brian's sister Sarah who were there somewhere among the throngs of people. What an exciting time for our country to have a fresh new leader taking office. I learned this morning that Barack Obama is the 5th youngest president. The others?

4. Ulysses S. Grant
3. Bill Clinton
2. JFK
1. Teddy Roosevelt


It was phenomenal to see the areal shots of the masses of people crammed into the national mall area. I don't envy the position President Obama has going into office. Times are tough in the US economy and things often get worse before they get better. Obama's speech this morning echoed this somber tone, but it was still driven and encouraging. I have no doubt this new regime will jump into things full speed ahead and guide us out of this crisis we are in.

In more DIVA-typical topics, I thought the first family looked great! Yay for the exit of the frumpy, dull Bushes, and hooray for a more fashion-forward family coming into office. Both Obama girls looked extremely well put together and cheery in their fitted j crew coats this morning, and Michelle Obama I think is just gorgeous. I loved her gold ensemble today, and am eagerly anticipating what she'll wear to the inaugural ball tonight. She is one classy-looking lady!

1 comment:

Bethie said...

I was completely unaware that Obama was older than Clinton when he entered office. Go figure!

P.S. Denon v. the act of quiting alcohol anonymous (or any or anonymous organization).