Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Titans update

The Tennessee Titans are 9-0!  I know that as soon as I publish this blog I will have jinxed my team, but I have been wanting to blog about my beloved NFL team all season, and kept neglecting to do so because of my superstitious jinxing beliefs.  But I am throwing caution to the wind... we are Number One in the AFC south, and have a great chance at going to the Superbowl!  I know, I know, there's a lotta season left, but 9-0 isn't too shabby a way to start the season.  I'm proud of my boys.  

"In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power. Well that football field out there, that's our universe. Let's rule it like titans."
"No one, and I mean no one, comes into our house, and pushes us around."

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

I looooove that movie! My college roomie used to lead us in the "titans" chant before our Flying Wombat games.

PS - Your pic is cutting off the right side of Kearse so you can't see his 9-0. "FIX. IT. FIX IT!"

MamaB said...

Ditto Rhonda--it is one of my VERY FAVORITE MOVIES. I cry every time I watch it and my heart feels it every time it ends. I love remembering the Titans.