Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Spit Happens

Happy 4 month Birthday to Bradley!  I love when the month marks roll around and I think back to what I was doing x months ago today, and then realize how much my life has changed since then!  
Bradley's first fall photo shoot

Bradley goes for his checkup next week (keep your fingers crossed for us- more shots are coming and I dread them!) but at his last doctor's appointment the little man weighed in at 13 pounds and 15 ounces!  All my fears about him spitting up too much and not gaining enough weight are out the window.  We have gotten into a routine where we get up in the morning after Brian has gone to work, and Bradley sits in his bouncy seat while I eat breakfast and we both watch Sports Center.  I swear to you, the kid will watch football with Brian and me and seems totally content!  He's up for a few hours then takes his morning nap.  After that Bradley eats (spits up) and is up for a few more hours before taking his afternoon nap.  By the time Brian gets home around 5 and I am trying to start on dinner is when Bradley decides to get fussy and needy, so it makes preparing dinner and eating a lot of fun (read: chaos).  He plays on his Baby Einstein mat while I check email, and spends some time in his swing while I'm doing various chores around the house.  Now we're about to embark in a scary new territory:  moving Bradley to sleep in his crib in the nursery.  I'm thinking this will be more traumatic for me than it will be him (it makes no difference to Brian since he sleeps through everything!).

And finally, here's a new video we took today.  I call this "Spit Happens."  Enjoy. (technical difficulties... please check back later!)

10 comments:

Katie said...

Awww! He looks like he is saying, "Wud up Mommy!" hehehehe

Bart and/or Ari said...

How precious. The spitting really adds to the whole thing. ;)

emmysue said...

oh my goodness...I am cracking up. That was hilarious (and completely adorable, of course!). He has such a cute grin.

Mark Kelly Hall said...

He could have a career on Saturday Night Live--they seem to do a lot of spitup takes.

In the picture it looks like he's just faked going for a pick and now he's saying "Gotcha!" Or maybe he's practicing that Santa Claus move of laying his finger aside his nose (whatever that meant).

Word Verification: hnqfbryk The sound Bradley probably makes when he sneezes into his pilow.

Mark Kelly Hall said...

Uh, that's "pillow."

MamaB said...

I can watch this video over and over and never get tired of it. I miss my Little B and can't wait to see him. (and you!)

Mary Anna said...

I love it that you're embracing the glory of fall, even if it's not that authentic in Florida. We're having a pumpkin party at our house---reminds me of Halloween 05 at the Bradley residence! What's Lil' B gonna be for Halloween?

Anonymous said...

I can't stop watching this video! And i must say that your accent is almost as adorable has Bradley. Almost. -Sarah V.

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest spit-up video ever!
~Ang

Anonymous said...

God, that just really made my day!