Thursday, October 23, 2008

Don't be a Hallo-weenie

This morning Yahoo had this article headlining their page- The 10 Most Disapointing Treats for Trick-or-Treaters- it was a quick interesting read, and while I don't agree with all of them (I happen to like the mini fun-size candy bars)- my number one most-loathed trick or treat candy as a kid is suspiciously absent from this list.


Do you remember those peanut shaped orange fluffy pieces of candy? (I've taken the liberty of finding an image.) Individually wrapped, they are mushy and chalky, and downright gross. I think the reference to "candy for senior citizens" from the Yahoo article applies to these too. All these peanut candies are is a waste of space! Give me my mini boxes of milk duds and pieces of Double Bubble bubble gum! Now THAT'S where it's at.


Read up on your Halloween treats and make sure you're not THAT house that all the kiddos avoid, and feel free to comment on your personal favorite treats you received as a kid (or as an adult if you're still begging strangers for candy).

11 comments:

emmysue said...

I remember trick or treating with a friend in Middle School (yes, I said Middle School), and we went around her neighborhood, because it was a "rich" neighborhood. AKA - better candy. We went to one house, and they gave us full-size Butterfingers. I had hit the MOTHER LOAD! :)

Anonymous said...

i always enjoyed the houses that gave you more than one item that they had hand packaged themselves. mom does this and i think its great. and the house who gave me a roll of pennies one time was the worst; i want candy not pennies!!
-laura

Anonymous said...

I agree---I don't know anyone who likes those styrofoam peanut candies. Milk Duds--yum, yum! Tootsie Rolls--YUM YUM YUM. You and Laura never liked those so I would get all of them from your treat bags and people used to always give lots of those!!!
Mama B

Sarah said...

I happen to LOVE circus peanuts (which is what those are called)! My grandpa and I still split a pack when I go to the farm to visit him. :) Long live the Circus Peanut!!

Mary Anna said...

I am going to have to agree with Scottie on this one. I, too, happen to love circus peanuts. Don't judge.

Emily, I feel like one of your blog lists is coming on...

Amanda Vilendrer said...

Were you guys reading? Circus peanuts are for senior citizens. Even Sarah admits she shares them with her grandfather aka a senior citizen! Point proven.

Bart and/or Ari said...

we'll be moving on halloween, so my concern is not getting egged for not having candy, much less bad candy. got any suggestions?

natalie said...

I agree with Amanda, those peanut things taste like chalk, and believe me - I have had my fair share of eating chalk....just kidding (but not about how gross they are)

MamaB said...

And speaking of candy for "senior citizens like ME"--how about those orange slices--I LOVE those and always have--even when I wasn't a "senior citizen!!"

Rhonda said...

I'm laughing at Mama B's comment because when I was little I used to like those too! I say "when I was little" because the only place they were served to me was, yes, at my grandmother's house.

But thanks for this link Amanda, it is great! I don't know why Laffy Taffy, Tootsie Rolls or fun-size bars made the list because they would all make my treat bag happy. On the other hand, I have ALWAYS hated Smarties and I am so glad they made the "worst" list!!!

MamaB said...

But "smarties" are the perfect take-along treat for little ones to keep them occupied in church and other places!!!!!