Tuesday, September 16, 2008

weekend recap

We had a great weekend.  Me and Double B (that's Brian and Bradley) went over to Wes & Jes's for dinner.  Jes fixed alfredo noodles and cheesy potatoes, and Wes grilled steaks.  It was delish.  Then on Saturday, we returned the favor and had a bunch of people over to our house (I counted 8 adults plus Bradley).  The weather was awesome.  I went to the pool with Bradley, Wes and Jes, while Brian and a few other guys put together our new storage shed.  Sunday we went to church, and the pastor gave an awesome sermon about Moses.  He also quipped a few lines that I loved:
The head can only absorb as much as the rump can take
There's no U-haul pulled behind a hearse
We relaxed the rest of the day, ate leftovers from the cookout for lunch and watched football.

Bradley is getting cuter every day.  He's now started to really laugh and squeal when we tickle him.  In other news, Brian is sick with some kind of bad cold, and now my throat is hurting so I fear the worst is in store for me.  I don't care so much if I get sick, but I'm dreading Bradley catching whatever we have, and not being able to comfort him.  Keep your fingers crossed that all my hand-washing, and Lysoling the house will keep him healthy!  Here are some of the latest pics of the little one:

Bradley and me at the pool
A happy baby, content after enjoying the pool and a mid-afternoon snack
My boys smiling at each other... watching them together makes me love each of them more!
Our little man holding his head up this morning

11 comments:

Rhonda said...

3 words: presh, presh, PRESH! I can't wait to see him again. You are looking GREAT by the way!!

-Beth- said...

So cute! Don't you love that he's smiling and laughing?!? And you, my friend, look amazing!!!

Sarah said...

I love this picture of baby and momma at the pool! You look cute and happy :)

Bart and/or Ari said...

don't get sick!!! stay healthy and take care of your precious baby!!

Anonymous said...

What great pics! I would love to see you all next time you are up. =^) ~Angela

Sallie said...

Where did you get that diaper changing pad cover!? I've been searching everywhere for a cute one. Please write back asap- little Tommy will be here any day! :)

MamaB said...

No more "dancing bear skirt swim suit for you"!! I'm proud of you!
His "3 amigos hat" is starting to fit him better!

lisathom said...

what a beautiful boy!!glad to hear things are well...watch out for flying box and pretzel paper- wow.

Amanda Vilendrer said...

the changing pad cover came from Target- it's part of the Tiddliwinks Safari collection!

And thanks everyone for your encouraging comments!

Anonymous said...

Already in 3-6 months clothes?!?! That just doesn't seem right! He is too cute!!!! Love ya, Ellen =)

Mary Anna said...

I love the second picture. Fat and happy.