Wednesday, September 10, 2008

3 month update

Baby Bradley is now 3 months old officially, as of Sunday, which coincidentally enough, was Grandparents' Day.  A belated shout out to Grandma & Grandpa B, and Grandma Ann!

We took Bradley to the doctor last week to make sure he is still gaining enough weight and to see about the excessive fussing and spitting up our precious little one has been doing.  We got no helpful answers on the crankiness and baby urp that keeps finding its way onto all of my shirts, many of my pants, our sheets and couch among other things (and that is with burp rags catching the majority of the stuff!) but the doc assured us that Bradley is healthy, and basically told Brian and me, this too shall pass.

Bradley is weighing in at 12.4 pounds and is 23 inches in length.  He can still wear some of his 0-3 month clothes, but has graduated to wearing mostly his 3-6 month gear.  This makes me both happy and sad- happy because I have a whole new wardrobe to dress my little doll in, but sad because, like everyone says, they grow up so fast!  He is making fun squealing noises when he gets excited, and loves to have his tummy and feet tickled.  The swing is still my lifesaver in the afternoons, where Bradley takes most of his naps, and he's still sleeping in the bedroom with Brian and me in his bassinet.  I still haven't quite figured out the trick to getting him to sleep all night long without his pacifier falling out, and him waking up and wanting it.  Until I solve that problem, I'm not moving him into his crib in the nursery, lest I be trudging down the hall at 2 and 4 am to replace a dropped paci.

One cool thing Bradley and I are doing together now is Kindermusik.  It's a weekly mommy-and-me music class with moms and babies ages newborn-1.5 years.  Bradley is the youngest in his class, but he seems to enjoy it so far.  We've had 2 classes, and he likes moving to the music, and is especially curious at looking at the other babies.  I like it because it gets me out of the house, introduces music to Bradley in a structured way, and lets me get a workout too, standing, sitting, rocking, and swaying with a 12 1/2 pound baby in my arms!

Guess that's all for now!

5 comments:

MamaB said...

Grandparents day was Sunday and we didn't even know it. What is wrong with that picture? Is our card "in the mail?"

Mary Anna said...

I love this kindermusik concept. So cute!

natalie said...

That class sounds so cool, and incredibly appropriate for the music lover that you are. :-)

Sallie said...

We love Kindermusik!!!

Katie said...

Uh oh a pacie-addict. I had one of those... I will pray that he knocks the habit on his own and that you don't have to go through what we did... BUT if it persists, shoot me an email and I will let you know how we handled it. :D