Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sephora, so good

I have a confession to make.  Is it bad that the 2nd most exciting highlight of my day was the new Fall 2008 Sephora catalog coming in the mail??  (The first of course was that Brian got home from his work trip)

No longer do I live the carefree life of a single, early twenty-something where Sephora treats were regular and unabashed, but still I pore over every catalog and marketing email they send me about new products and update my wishlist on their website regularly.  Funny how life works out though, because with more and more of my days being spent at home, the need to get all glammed up is lost on a 2 month old!  Still, I can't deny how good a new eye shadow or lip gloss can brighten one's mood and make a girl feel gorgeous, so I continue to look and save up for those special occasions when I can purchase a cosmetic pick-me-up.

5 comments:

-Beth- said...

I went to sephora last week with Ryder. I threw him in his sling and walked around in there for an hour. He LOVED it. All the lights and colors! But yes, the whole time I was thinking, why am I going to spend money on this right now? I might wear it once a week.

Mary Anna said...

"No longer do I live the carefree life of a single, early twenty-something where Sephora treats were regular and unabashed..."

Shoot girl, have you seen gas prices lately? I'm out of my Cargo Bronzer, but the $30 price tag puts almost an entire tank of gas into my car.

Carefree, nothin...

natalie said...

Every woman, regardless of age, marital or baby status deserves a Sephora pick-me-up. I totally know what you mean, and YOU deserve it my lovely friend!!

Bart and/or Ari said...

i would like to point out that it's been a couple years since you were in your early twenties. although you spent more time in yours than the rest of us ("i'm 21 and in college!!")....

Amanda Vilendrer said...

I would like to add that I in no means meant that I lived this single carefree life just months ago, but that literally, in the days when I was just out of college, I treated myself to Sephora unquestioningly... now it just takes a bit more thought before a purchase is made.