Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Fayte that awaits us

Hey yall!  As I sit here typing this, Brian is making us breakfast, and I can hear the wind gusting outside the window.  It's an overcast day and the heavy rains are on their way.  Yes, we are ready and waiting for Tropical Storm Fay- my first ever Tropical Storm experience.  I saw on TWC this morning where Jim Cantore was at Panama City Beach, where so far the beaches were still relatively calm.  Apparently there were even sandbags at a local park for residents to go and pick up to prepare for Fay.  Admittedly I was kind of excited at the looming storm ahead, even though since we don't live right on the water, we have no need for the sandbags.

I'm not sure what to expect from this storm, but I have my raincoat and video camera ready, to bring my own weather channel fantasies to life.  We'll see what kind of a camera man Brian makes!  So far the three of us are safe and sound in our little house and don't plan on getting out in the torrential rains (don't worry Mom!).  This is Amanda Vilendrer, Tropical Storm aficionado, signing off!

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

I was thinking about how excited you would be about experiencing a storm first-hand! Just wait till it's a "real" hurricane...I'll be happy for you in a really twisted way! You have a sick fascination ;) Love ya!

MamaB said...

It was one thing for you to be excited about hurricanes when you lived in good ole DRY Tennessee--but now that you are living on the gulf coast where hurricanes do hit-well needless to say, I am NOT excited about the possibility of you experiencing one with my little precious grandson. I guess I don't have any adventure left in these Grandma bones!!!

Mary Anna said...

You're not quite "Hurricane Bradley" yet, but soon my dear.

natalie said...

ohhhh...this IS exciting. I'm anxiously awaiting these top-notch videos

Bart and/or Ari said...

too bad it barely rained. good to know that you're prepared, though. you'll be ready to go for next time.