Wednesday, June 25, 2008

home sweet home

Bradley & I are here in sunny Florida, getting settled in nicely. Luckily for me and my OCD need to get everything put away ASAP, I've got Mama B here to hold Bradley while I organize and vice versa. Brian is putting the crib together tonight so I should have nursery pics up soon! I definitely miss TN and all that comes with it (especially Laura, Dad, George, and The Boys) but I know that I will soon establish a new sense of normal and the homesick feelings will fade as our new little family starts to build our life here.

I am itching to get to the beach and see the Real Ocean- as opposed to the sound, or as I call it, the Fake Ocean, that I can see from Highway 98, but that's going to have to wait a few weeks. As a new wife and mom, the sun, surf, and sand are not exactly high on the priority list right now. Luckily the thought of trying to squeeze my postpatum self into a swimsuit is enough to keep those feelings of want at bay right now anyways!

I will post pics soon of our cute little house, but for now, this is Missus V, signing off to head to the kitchen for more organizational antics.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well we miss you too! I am glad that you have higher priorities than getting to the beach. I can not wait to see the house once you get it all arranged. Love you!
-laura

Sallie said...

Good luck, Amanda! Love seeing how things are progressing, and remember to take it easy--you have a lot on your plate right now, with a newborn, a move, and all those crazy postpartum hormones! We're rooting for you!

Katie said...

I am glad that you all made it safely and are getting organized and settled. With the beach so close, I bet little Bradley will be swimming and surfing by the time he is 3! :)

Anonymous said...

Miss u already!! Go enjoy a little of that sunshine and saltwater!!
~Ang

Conley said...

Your house is totally presh! I can't wait to come and see it! We need to plan a Diva convention for when you're all settled in. :)

Bethany said...

How exciting! I'm so excited for your new fun life! What part of Florida are you in again?