Thursday, May 22, 2008

the nonexistent Spring Break 2008

It's the end of an era. For the past 4 years, my friends and I have taken an annual beach trip over Memorial Day weekend, dubbed Spring Break 04, 05, 06, and 07. We've gone from 2 to 5 to 8 to 9 girls. We've drank watermelons, stayed in swanky beach houses and condos, giggled our way through dinners at Aunt Peggy's, drank margaritas, danced in Publix parking lots, soaked up the sun, fought over space in the back seat, been mistaken for lesbians, met Sammy Stephens of the Flea Market Montgomery (hey hey!), and even met future husbands.

This year, we're all grown up, and are going our separate ways. I hate change, so it makes me sad, even though every one of these ladies with whom I've shared the company of a 7 hour car trip with is doing fun and fabulous things with her time:

So where are they now?? Rhonda & Hubby Joe are spending the weekend here in town (no doubt doing cute coupley married things)! Emily & Amy will be in Moldova leading a team on a mission trip. MA, Mandy, Siebe, and Lana just got back from their own fabu trip to Europe. Scottie-too-hottie is with her fiancee in the Big D (we miss you Sarah!). Lisa and Melissa are taking their own beach trip this year with a new set of girls- and thus, the cycle continues!

And me? I am confined to the local area, unable to travel, not-so-patiently waiting for Bradley to arrive. My treat to myself is a mani-pedi this weekend, and hopefully a healthy dose of sun.

Happy Memorial Day to you all- may it be a fun and memorable weekend, no matter where you are!

5 comments:

Mary Anna said...

Sadness. We've come a long way, baby.

Rhonda Lu said...

This makes me sad & happy at the same time.

Photo Joe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rhonda Lu said...

Someone has breathed new life into "Did I Shave My Legs For This"! I clicked on your link to my former blog and saw a blog which is definitely not mine LOL Looks like a deleted blog name can be given new life after a certain amount of time :)

Sarah said...

I agree - i can't decide whether this blog makes me SO happy or SO sad. Either way I'm nostalgic for summer kickoffs gone by. Love to my bffs! Miss yall more than you know.