Monday, May 12, 2008

Donut Drama

This morning I had a hankering for donuts, so I took my morning break and headed over to Dunkin Donuts for a dose of sugar. I knew exactly what I wanted, but once I got up to the counter and made my request for a cinnamon twist donut, I was not-so-politely informed that no such thing existed. Flustered, I described what I was wanting, and asked if they had something similar, and when I asked to see one of the Cinnamon donuts that the impatient lady at the counter did say they had, all she did was point to the baking rack. Well of course I didn't have my glasses on, so I couldn't get a good look at the selections from where I was standing, so in a fluster, I ordered 2 chocolate glazed donuts instead.

Upon walking out to my car with my purchase, I glanced in the bag and discovered that the donuts in my bag were Not what I had requested which caused me to make a U-eey and go right back inside the store. Of course by this time, there is a line, so I have to wait with my little bag to get back up to the counter and get the correct donuts. Finally I reach the counter and hand the bag back to the Dunkin Donuts employee and try to politely explain that this was Not what I had asked for. I didn't want chocolate cake donuts, I wanted regular donuts with chocolate glaze. Well this lady behind the counter is probably thinking I'm just crazy and pregnant, because apparently what I asked for is what I got, and what I was really wanting were "chocolate frosted donuts." Notice the subtlety here in the naming differences.

I'm feeling ashamed that I am so flustered about donuts, but realize that I am also very pregnant and make no apologies. I scarf down the donuts on my way back to work in hopes that the day will look up from here. And yes, for you astute readers, I recognize the irony of me complaining that I am now the size of a small house in one blog, and then recount my donut-eating antics in the following. Again, I am pregnant. I make no apologies.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

That's hilarious. Oh the rantings of a pregnant woman. Although I think I would be pretty huffed about the whole situation, and I'm not with child, so hopefully that gives you a little more peace about your frustration.

Bart and/or Ari said...

You just don't get the same service at DD as you get at KK. I'm just sayin'...