Tuesday, April 29, 2008

e-hate-mail

I've been a loyal Yahoo! mail user for years. My internet homepage is MyYahoo page, with all my customized weather, news links, bookmarked pages, and sports scores, all in various shades of pink. My email inbox page is also displayed in rosy hues, and junk mail showing up in my inbox never seems to be a problem. And up until this point, I've never had any complaints with the Yahoo! community. Until yesterday that is.

Yesterday my Yahoo mailbox decided to spontaneously purge itself. Every mail sub folder I had with emails saved into various categories (pictures, forwards, Quotes of the Day , South Africa, emails from Brian, baby stuff, wedding stuff), all gone. Years of my life saved in emails were gone inexplicably in a matter of seconds.

One minute I was checking my email, the next, I noticed that all my read emails had disappeared from my inbox, and it was only upon further investigation last night that I realized all my mail folders were empty as well. The helpful people from Yahoo! have been less than helpful, and I have resigned myself to the fact that I may be S.O.L when it comes to getting any of those electronic messages back from the great, wide Internet abyss.

I'm very sad about this, and would possibly consider switching mail servers if I could customize the color of my inbox.

3 comments:

Mary Anna said...

This is my worst fear. Let's not talk about it...

Bart and/or Ari said...

oh, i am so sorry. i really think i would cry about that. it actually happened to me here at work, but didn't bother me as much, except for the few personal things i had. i don't know what i'd do if i lost my home stuff. sorry, sweetie. stay on those yahoo nerds and make them fix it!!

Sarah said...

Agreed on the "worst fear" bit... Devastated would be an understatement. I'm truly and very sorry for your loss. :(