Sunday, March 16, 2008

one month anniversary

Weird... one month ago today I was at my wedding reception.

A lot has happened in a month, and meanwhile my belly keeps getting bigger. Laura and I watched the baby kicking my stomach yesterday morning- it was so funny to see my tummy rising and falling in the spots where he kicked! Sometimes I am convinced he must be practicing bicycle kicks for his future soccer career or else he thinks that I am a punching bag. The miracle of life never ceases to amaze me though whenever I feel this living being moving inside of me without me having any control over him whatsoever.

I would be excited about March Madness getting started with selection Sunday today, but seeing as how Kentucky lost yesterday in what had to be one of the weirdest SEC tournaments ever, it looks like we're gonna be NIT-bound.

Even basketball can't cheer me up these days, but my babysitters are doing a pretty good job of keeping me occupied.