Tuesday, February 26, 2008

And the academy award for best dressed goes to...

My post ripping the poor actors to shreds for their bad fashion choices was getting too long so I opted to do another, shorter post for the few glammed up gals that I gave a thumbs up to.

My favorite lady hands down was Mrs. Josh Kelley! Katherine Heigl, like so many of Hollywood's finest, chose a one-shouldered number, but unlike most of her peers, she coordinated it with appropriate makeup, classic hollywood hair, jewells, and clutch. Yay, stylist, for putting this Grey star in a hot fire engine red!

Another lady who I haven't read a single thing about since the awards was Mrs. John Travolta. Kelly deserves a lot of credit here for pulling off this tangerine gown in a fresh, glowing, yet age-appropriate way! I think she looks stunning.

Call me cliche, but I think last year's best actress winner for "The Queen" Helen Miren looks positively regal in this satin ruby gown with sparkley sleeves. And love her or hate her,

Penelope Cruz always seems dead-on with her understated ensembles. The gal can pull off classy if anyone can.
Okay, that's it on my vain obession with Oscar fashion! More to come on the whirwind life of this Diva soon!

2 comments:

e said...

Hi
You have a great blog!
Let me invite you to:
eBambi
Present yourself
and meet your friends.
Join now:
http://www.ebambi.com

Mark Kelly Hall said...

Granted, that's a nice dress, but Katherine Heigl would have to go to great lengths to look bad.

Make sure you're caught up on all the latest fashions...see the post called "Paris Fashion Week 2008" on Suburban Turmoil:
http://www.suburbanturmoil.blogspot.com/
These designs will leave you speechless...and possibly lunchless.