Wednesday, January 16, 2008

It's a.....

The question everyone keeps asking (now that they're sufficiently satisfied with my answer that no, I've not been sick) is " is it a girl or a boy?"

Sorry to disappoint, but I don't know that just yet. Good news though- the ultrasound is scheduled for next Friday Jan 25th, so assuming that baby cooperates and shows us his or her goods on the monitor, we'll know the sex! The ultrasound is more than about finding out the sex of the baby though- it's a long diagnostic test where they take all kind of measurements to make sure everything looks normal, and gives us a better idea of when my baby might be making his or her grand entrance to the world, so while you might be praying for it to be a "her," would you also lift up a few prayers that the baby (and mommy) is healthy and that everything looks good? I'm a tad nervous about this biggie exam.

In other weird baby news, I found out yesterday that I have not gained a single pound with this pregnancy, even though I feel like a cow. I keep hovering around the same number despite the fact that there is a definite baby bump showing by now. The doc assured me that this isn't anything to be concerned about and the weight would come (I don't want my child to be malnourished!) and so I celebrated with lunch at McDonald's on my way back to work!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

That's awesome! You can have a handful of my non-baby weight if you really want to feel more normal. I guess I could make that sacrifice. Can't wait till the 25th!!!