Monday, November 19, 2007

Manly Men

So a group of us had this conversation yesterday and I'd like to open up the floor for discussion. It started off with me recounting to Ariana a recently-viewed FRIENDS episode where Monica is dating Tom Sellick. Bart chimes in that Tom Sellick is such a manly man- a guy's guy. To this Ari & I heartily agreed. So then we proceeded to come up with a short list of other "manly men."
  • Brett Favre
  • Bruce Willis
  • Will Smith
  • Wesley Snipes
  • Robert DeNiro
  • Al Pacino
  • Babe Ruth

Up for debate: Robert Redford, Richard Simmons (just kidding), George Clooney

So I'd like to hear from the peanut gallery. Who do you think qualifies as a manly man? (by definition, a man whom women adore, and guys admire) Do you agree with our choices?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm backing our decisions and I don't think Robert Redford should even be a question mark. He's a man's man. I'd also like to add Chris Meloni from Law & Order: SVU. Good guy and a Marine.
~ari

Anonymous said...

I'll add Paul Newman to the list.

Vanessa J

Mary Anna said...

Add:

Tom Hanks
Mel Gibson (love 'em or hate 'em--he's still manly)
Kevin Costner
Denzel Washington
Clark Gable
William Holden

What can I say, I like the classics...

Anonymous said...

Babe Ruth? Come on, an overweight womanizing drunk that plays a sport really well?

Really?

I mean, really?

You're better than that. You can do better. :)

I'm adding Jack Bauer to the list. And Mitch Rapp. But if we're going solely with real-live people... that may force me to think some.

-E-

Amanda said...

nope, Babe Ruth stays. He's an American icon. And sorry E, only Real Men count. Go think some more and get back to me.