Tuesday, May 22, 2007

oh happy day

I had the funniest dialogue with myself this morning that I thought I'd share with you all. I am sitting in my car this morning, the sun is shining, I have on a very cute outfit- if I do say so myself- and I do, I was sipping my mocha-infused coffee I brought from home, I had my sun roof open, was munching on a pastry that my roommate brought me from Panera, listening to U2's Where the streets have no name on the radio- and I was in the best mood! I thought to myself,
What a beautiful morning! Could this day get any better?
And for a fleeting second I was sublimely happy. That is, until I answered my own question. Yes, I thought, there is a way this day could be better- if I were on my way to somewhere Other than work.
And I deflated instantly. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mary anna and i have decided that you're fairly pessimistic and that the only cure for that (besides green beer) would be a new job. let's get on that, shall we?
~ari & mary anna
Disclaimer: Management has decided, that in an effort to uphold efficiency standards, all comments made by the aforementioned will now be combined. Please send any complaints to 1-800-DONT-CARE.