Thursday, March 15, 2007

beating the system

the third blog in a triology of car blogs:

This is a little something I call beating the system. The registration for Thomas expired in March of 2006. I never got around to renewing it. So for a year now I have been driving illegally, laying low and playing it cool whenever a cop was spotted, but more amused than anything else that I never did get pulled over for it, and saved a chunk of money this year.

Now that Thomas has died and I have my new car, I have to get new tags. One would think I might just transfer the old car registration to this new one, but conveniently enough, Thomas was never technically in my name. So as far as any registration person knows, I have never owned a car nor been respoinsible for purchasing vehicle registration. I think I am off scott free and can buy my new registration, skipping the fees for 2007 completely.

This is what I proudly call beating the system.

1 comment:

Mary Anna said...

That's what I call criminal behavior. Tsk-Tsk.

Heck, who am I to talk? I illegally take the HOV lane to and from work each day...