Wednesday, August 16, 2006

A Curse upon you, Comcast!

I bet many of you are getting agitated at looking at last Wednesday's blog- I know- a whole week has gone by, and no new blog from yours truly. Like any good person that always has an excuse for everything, I'm going to point the finger of blame at someone other than myself.

Sure, it's been busy at work, and sure, there have been plenty of little snippets of life that could very well be turned into hilarious diatribes, but it's all Comcast Cable's fault that I can't document these moments for your reading enjoyment. See, here's the deal: I sit at a computer all day at work. 8 hours of staring at a tiny monitor and doing permanent eye damage to myself all to make a buck or two. So then I come at the end of the work day and the last thing I want to do is stare at a computer screen. ha ha of course we all know that is not true, because the Last thing I want to do usually is to go running, but I've been making myself go- or at least being guilt-tripped into going from my friend's husband a few hundred miles away over the phone. Seriously- that happened yesterday. The other thing that qualifies as the last thing I would want to do is going to the grocery store. Saying that the last thing I would want to do when I come home from work is to be on the computer would be like saying that I also would not be up for talking on the phone any more after spending my work day talking to people all day long, and we all know that couldn't be farther from the truth!

Back to the Evil Comcast Empire. They suck. I am tired of fighting with them, but my laptop that I keep up in my room hasn't been connected to the internet lately. There are glimmers of hope when it will work for a mere 5 minutes before losing connection again, but that's not going to cut it. Our desktop which is in the basement IS connected to the internet, no problem, so I know if I call our dear friends at the Monopoly of Cable Headquarters, they will tell me that's not their problem that the wireless router isn't working anymore. I know better though. Because the last time those Comcast Cronies were at the house they let me in on a little secret in the internet empire: as they add more and more customers in the area, the cable signal gets weaker and weaker. They wouldn't promise me that day that the signal would be strong enough for the wireless router to send the internet signal up 2 stories. But I didn't argue with them that day because I checked it and it worked. I was happily online. But now the tides have turned and I have a feeling I know who's to blame for it. George W. Bush. No, of course I am kidding, he is only to blame for the war (Ted Kennedy, anyone?). The real enemy here is the Comcast Cable Corporation. Their weakened signal has prevented me from blogging, researching used cars to buy, and horror of all horrors- checking MySpace!

Let's all take a moment to lament the loss that affects us all. No blogging and no MySpace- what is the world coming to? I'm thinking of reverting to DSL and joining the Slowskys in their internet endeavor. Also, just to make sure you are reading, I intentionally used the word "farther" up above instead of the grammatically correct "further." Just keeping you on your toes. Sorry for the lack of blogging. I miss it as much as you do. We're all in this together!

3 comments:

MamaB said...

Welcome back--I wondered where you had been......what's wrong with the computer downstairs??????Not good enough for you?

daddy b said...

test

Mark Kelly Hall said...

Have you contacted Amnesty International? They're all about seeking to remedy this kind of human suffering under corporate repression.

Or maybe you just need to make a trip far, far away from this intolerable environment...maybe another continent, another climate, where you can appreciate life a little better, and the natives can appreciate you a WHOLE lot better...South Africa, maybe? Hmmmm, wonder how that might be arranged....

Signed, "Holy Spirit, Jr."
: )

P.S.: On farther vs. further...I could toss a coin. I found a snooty authority that agrees: http://www.bartleby.com/64/C003/0121.html