Sunday, July 30, 2006

in desperate need of a midnight snack

If you are what you eat, then I'm bound to become a Mexican citizen before too long! Counting backwards, I have eaten Mexican food the past 4 out of 5 days. Normally I could never get sick of the stuff, but I think I need a break for a few days. Or at least until Tadd gets back into town and he wants to meet for lunch at "our" place! I still haven't figured out how to spend time with people without spending money, however, here are my new budgeting skills hard at work- a real life example:

On Saturday night at the Sounds game I sacrificed dinner or other ballpark junk food for the double scoop of purity ice cream in a waffle cone. I was the envy of every person around me with my choc chip and moosetracks treat! MMmm- just thinking about ice cream is making me hungry and want some- I am on a huge ice cream kick right now. Must be the heat, and the fact that today ends in a y, so it makes it a perfect day and time for ice cream. Last week I was treated to a spontaneous Coldstone trip, and that's had me obsessing about the tasty treat ever since.

No Amanda, You cannot go downstairs and eat a small bowl of ice cream right now. It is 11:30, past your bedtime, and way too late to be consuming mass quantities of calories. It would be so easy though to throw caution to the wind by throwing down my laptop and tiptoeing to the kitchen. Or heck, with the wireless internet I could even carry my laptop with me and type while I walk.

must... have... willpower.

dang it! Ice cream: One Amanda: Zero.

9 comments:

MamaB said...

Was the ice cream BEFORE or AFTER the low-fat Wheat Things that you left on the cabinet????????

MamaB said...

Wheat THINS, Wheat THINS!!

ellen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ellen said...

I too love ice cream and I'm so happy that we have a Schwans delivery man at work, so I can get my chocolate fudge ripple 1/2 gallon of ice cream for $5 or $6...so now we're back to budgeting our money...

Mary Anna said...

All attempts to resist are futile...

Anonymous said...

i just want to know what the comment was that you removed...
~ari

Amanda said...

ok, the ice cream was after the wheat thins- i had hoped they would squelch my craving for sweets, but alas (poor yorrick, I knew him well) it did not.

the comment that was removed was a duplicate order

Amanda said...

wow... i am so in work mode! a duplicate comment, NOT a duplicate order. :o)

Sarah said...

between you and your mom...;)

P.S. Ice Cream is God's blessing for us. Never refuse. Never, I say.