Thursday, April 13, 2006

My Way on the Highway

So I know you're all in suspense- my Sunday brunch story- or rather what happened After Sunday brunch- (aren't brunches so chic and swanky?)

Sunday was Momma B's birthday- she's now 53 years old which is finally accurate because she's been telling people for months that she was 53 because she couldn't remember how old she was. That's what happens when you get older I guess- except that I forgot how old I was a few months ago too and told someone I was 24! (I guess like Mother, like daughter). We celebrated the day by going to church as a family and then dining at Copeland's for brunch since I had a softball game at 1:30.

On our way home, Mom was driving Mikey, her Beetlebug, with all of us in tow. The sun was shining- it was a beautiful day, and we were on Devens Drive in my neighborhood as we approached 2 people walking on the other side of the road, and a grey car coming directly at us In Our Lane!!! The grey car honks at us, and the lady who is driving the grey car passes the people walking on her side of the street, rolls down her window as she pulls up next to us and exclaims haughtily, "are you KIDDING me?!" and then speeds off- As if WE are at fault for her crossing over onto our side of the street to avoid the pedestrians- how dare we not slow down to accommodate her swerve! How rude of us to follow the rules of the road!! Um, okay, what just happened here?

Maybe I'm taking Crazy Pills, but ExCUSE me- if you have to swerve to avoid anything on a road, it is not your God-given right to do so in front oncoming traffic! If you must venture out of your driving lane, you do so when the coast is clear as to not interfere with traffic and cause a potential accident among drivers and pedestrians alike.

Here's what should have happened- tell me if you agree:

On our way home, Mom was driving Mikey, her Beetlebug, with all of us in tow. The sun was shining- it was a beautiful day, and we were on Devens Drive in my neighborhood as we approached 2 people walking on the other side of the road, and a grey car coming towards us. To avoid the pedestrians, the grey car slowed down, waited for us to pass, the female driver of the grey car gave us a neighborly wave, and then slowly went around the walkers, driving off on her merry way at approximately 30 mph.

But that's not the way it went. We most definitely had some choice words to utter about the Self-righteous Wench as she drove off, but I just had to vent my frustrations with you the readers.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Since when did Cruella Deville move into the neighborhood??

I say ... hide your puppies...

Mary Anna said...

Oh-no-she-di-unt!

MamaB said...

Oh yes, that bi-atch did do that and that is what I called her but 2 seconds too late. The more I thought about her, the madder I got. Laura told me to turn around and go find her but I didn't do it and so I stewed about it for the next 30 minutes. I am on the lookout for that grey car in my neighborhood and this time I will be ready!!