Tuesday, April 04, 2006

church: it does a body good

What will they think of next??? A new study shows that people who attend weekly church services statistically live longer lives. So if filling a void in your life, or worshipping a savior isn't enough to motivate you to go every week, maybe this will? Seriously, if there is a person who reads this study and starts attending church purely for health reasons I would like to meet them. It just goes to show you can find a study to "prove" anything. And in the meantime I will enjoy the days God has blessed me to live, be it longer than the average person or not, and continue to attend church for my non-health-related reasons!

2 comments:

Audrey said...

I hope this church attendance study wasn't related to the one about stranger's prayers "not working." Something makes me think that scientists are out to prove they know better than God, or at least that they think "working prayer" always means healing. Like you, Amanda, I'll just keep on worshipping and communing.

Mary Anna said...

I think I've heard of people who attend church for purely health reasons...I think they're called Scientologists. Tell you what---I'll call up Mr. Cruise and get his take on the whole church/health situation...