Thursday, June 16, 2005

Officially roommate-less

Well, the girls are on their way to Moldova, via a flight to Atlanta, then on to Amsterdam followed by a 2 hour drive. They won’t actually arrive at their final destination until tomorrow morning, 8:30 Nashville time. I feel like such a mom, but I’ll feel so much better when I’ve had conformation that they are safe on the ground.

It’s weird knowing they are both on a plane and that I won’t see them for a while. It will be weird getting ready in the morning, knowing I don’t have to beat Rhonda to the shower, or won’t have Emily plop down on my bed to do her makeup. The good thing will be that our water bill should be considerably less for this month- that, and the fact that they are going to a foreign country and proclaiming God’s to people who have never heard the Gospel. I’d say that’s a pretty good thing. Why is it though that it’s easier for a person to get on a plane and cross and ocean to tell people about Jesus than it is to share Christ’s love with a coworker? Why is sharing our faith something we generally find ourselves having to think about, and when we do think about it, we ignore those thoughts for fear of ruining our image in front of people we have to see on a day-to-day basis?

Scott brought this up at Kairos Tuesday night, and Emily made a comment about it on yesterday’s post- but he said we are all missionaries; we’re just either a good one or a bad one. That was such a profound statement to make- one I’m sure made most people there, including myself, a little squeamish. Something else that makes me squeamish? When coworkers tell me about their nose-hair clipping habits. Seriously, people. I don’t make this stuff up.

No comments: