Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Fantastic start to a fantastic day

Hump Day indeed. And the sun is shining, and I have a cute outfit on. I’m also having lunch with Holt at Mexicali at noon- It’s going to be a fantastic day.

As of late, fantastic has become one of my new favorite words. A self-proclaimed Lexophiliac, I often find these random words in the English language and get suddenly attached. "Fabulous" use to be it- but now I think I’ve replaced that with "fantastic." Isn’t that fantastic?

Laura always says that people never use the word "delicious" enough, and I’d have to agree. "How is the veal?" One would ask. To which I might reply, "it’s awful," because I tried lamb about a month ago and I wasn't a fan. But if you were to ask, say, "how are the chicken tenders?" Well, I’d say "they’re delicious." Or fantastic. Whichever pops out first.

I think the fantastic thing came from Ron Burgundy- yes, yet another Anchor Man reference. But it’s not my fault I pick up words and phrases so easily! Especially at work. When you sit in a big open room full of cubicles, you can’t help but overhear others' conversations- or at least one side of them when they’re on the phone, so in the past week or two I noticed when I’m about to hang up the phone with a customer I say “all-righty.” Where the heck did I pick That up from?? And yesterday was the worst to date. The words "Okey-dokey" flew out of my mouth. Could I BE more annoying? I blame the "okey-dokey" one fully on Marvin, my fatherly team leader who sits directly across from me, and who probably wonders why I haven’t yet made any phone calls this morning. Well, it’s because I have to type this out and publish it on the blog! I know where my priorities lie. And I’m not lying. :o)

5 comments:

MamaB said...

I like that term "okey-dokey"--I use it because it just sounds better and happier than "OK". So at least you get it honest.
Love
Mom

Anonymous said...

seriously amanda.... was it necessary that you use that word... I had "fantastic voyage" stuck in my head all morning!!

"Come along and ride...on a... fantastic voyage...
slide, slide slippity-slide...
with switches on the block in a '65..."

sing-a-long now...

Anonymous said...

dang it...

everytime... i forget to sign my name...

never fails.


that was me...

:)Heather

Amanda said...

...come along and ride on a fantastic slide slide cool ride- you better be ready when the 5 rolls by

...thanks for the card- I got it yesterday- it was super-cute

Anonymous said...

Delicious!! What a great word
Laura