Tuesday, March 01, 2005

So much to do, so little time

That’s my life in a sentence. The show opens in a little over 2 weeks. I’m not off book completely. I don’t feel 100 percent great vocally. (But I never will). So much to do, so little time.

I am over 2 years behind on my scrapbooks and putting pictures into albums. Whatever happened to Christmas and Summer and Spring breaks to get these things done? So much to do, so little time.

Spring and Summer are approaching fast. We girls know this means cute tank tops and flip-flops (yea!) but it also means swimsuits. Time to start the daily Pilates back up. So much to do, so little time.

My last day at the Bone & Joint Clinic is Thursday. (Praise the Lord and pass the amunition) I spent a good bit of my afternoon going through emails I had saved in my work inbox, reliving the drama that is my life, and laughing at the visual progression of the SOGWEAW emails and friendships, forwarding the good ones to my yahoo address. I have so many loose ends to tie up here, so much crap to bring home, and 2 days to get it all done. So much to do, so little time.

I still have all these questions for God regarding my faith. My quiet times are not happening. But I put that stuff off because I have for all eternity to get that stuff straightened out, for goodness sakes. This other stuff is important Now. Except that we are not ever promised tomorrow and Jesus said to be ready to give an answer at any day or any hour. So much to do, so little time.

I thrive on staying busy- I have since at least high school, maybe before that. Mom says I’m too popular. My roommates who never see me don’t know how I do it, and tell me I need to learn to say no. But if I say no, then I miss out on things I want to do! Because it’s not like I fill my time up doing things I hate. I can’t help it if the world is my playground and I want to take my God-given talents and desires and experience it all! Everyone is on my case for not getting enough sleep- I’ve been sick for almost 2 months, which is highly unlike me. I think I am getting to that inevitable breaking point though where I can’t take it any more and need a few days off to myself. I’m taking Friday off to rest and relax (and maybe scrapbook!) so that I will be able to start my new job on Monday fresh and rejuvenated. Trust me. This weekend will be Nothing like the last. And soon enough I will have my weeknights free for the most part with Pirates running on the weekend. Until then though, there is so much to do, and so little time.

4 comments:

MamaB said...

So much to do, so little time---at least you are listening to me when I tell you that you need some free time with NOTHING PLANNED!! So much to do, so little time--give yourself some down time so you will be 100% Mabel!
Love--Mom

Audrey said...

Good job writing about a habit that plagues many of us. Sometimes the most spiritual thing we can do is Rest.

jillymae said...

remember what Louie taught us...it's not about be-doing, it's about becoming =) *hugs*

Anonymous said...

hmmm... like a Grammar Panther, I pounce... "Ammunition. Can you use it in a sentence, please?".... "Can I have the language of origin, please?"... "Thank you... Ammunition. A-M-M-U-N-I-T-I-O-N. Ammunition."

As for the greater (greatest?)issue, all encouragement I can offer is this: Trust-Rest-Grace-Freedom.... and if it helps, read Ephesians 1, but insert your name wherever appropriate... Your God is a personal God, who cares about Personal You - the You who sings, the You who's busy...

Just hoping that you aren't staying busy making mudpies when a week at the ocean awaits... :) Will be praying for you... have a great week...