Thursday, March 03, 2005

Martha Focker

I know what you're thinking. This should be a joyous day- it's my last ever at the Bone & Joint Clinic. The sun is shining and it is an absolutely gorgeous day here in Franklin, TN. But still, I have these nagging feelings that have put me in the crummiest mood. I didn't get to see Dave Barnes play last night in the Boro, because I thought that I wouldn't cancel Bible study and just see him in 2 weeks when he plays at Exit/In. Well stupid funny man Barnes has decided to change nights at Exit/In and is now playing that Friday night instead of Wednesday. This is fine for anyone who doesn't have Opening Night of their show that same night. Then there was a ticket mix-up with Marc Broussard tonight so I'm not going to see him either. Several relationships in my life are strained right now, which makes me think it must be me since I'm the one with all the problems. Switching jobs on Monday while exciting is going to be hard- change is never easy. I just realized Kentucky is playing on Sunday at 11, which means that I can't go to both church and Sunday School, and as much as I miss Sunday School, it's Kentucky's last game and it's against Florida. Then I also have rehearsal at 1pm that day, meaning I'll either miss the end of the game (not happening) or else be late to rehearsal. I figure I don't enter till the end of the 7th number- they won't miss me too terribly much- I'm only the lead, right? And on top of everything else, for a fleeting moment I thought I was going to get to see James tonight and tomorrow and now due to cirumstances out of either of our control, that's not going to happen either.

Wow. I just re-read what I wrote and you'd think the sky was falling or something. I guess I can appreciate the fact that while yes, maybe life is crappy right now, things are really not that bad. The drama queen in me sees things for being bigger deals than they are. The stubborness in me will not allow me to let those things go, and the Little Bear is just enjoying being grumpy I guess.

5 comments:

jillymae said...

maybe you're just having a "drama queen" day. i think we all have those from time to time. things that really aren't that important seem to "set us off" and then the day goes down hill from there. remember, it's a world at war (full of distractions)and we are caught in the crossfire =) but God has the bigger guns and is on our side!!!

dude, seriously, cheer up! it's your LAST day at the B & J!!!! WHOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! *jumping up and down doin the dance of joy with you!*

MamaB said...

Sometimes Little Bear just has to appear but I love Little Bear.

Anonymous said...

Since I am considered a "personal friend" of one Dave Barnes, if you'd like, I'll call him up, give him your digits, and have him play a ballad or two or three for you over the phone...

If you'd like, I'll even request that whenever he sings about girls, he puts your name in there... that's right, I said it...

Don't get in the way of Guy With Guitar. He's an unstoppable force, an immovable object. Guy With Guitar will one day rule the world.

C-A-T-S... CATS-CATS-CATS!

Tadd said...

Buck up little camper! I'm sure you are over all of this now, seeing as it is now Friday night. I hope today was better. If you want, I might be abble to come to Franklin and sing your role on opening night. I mean, it's not my fach, but I might be able to get it in my voice by then.

Anonymous said...

i know exactly where you are, as you've been helping me out of my slump for a while. please know that i'm always here for you and so is kiki (dee). thank you for being who you are. nuzzle. ~ari