Thursday, March 24, 2005

Holy Thursday and the ridiculous crap of Tweeners

Bible study last night proved to be full of powerful teaching from John Eldredge’s book "Waking the Dead," and laughter from the group of 9 of us that were there. First of all, we came up with a new phrase. Instead of WWJD, we will now say, WDJG? Or Where Did Jesus Go? This is to remind us that Jesus’ story does not end at the cross. He is risen and alive, and this is the good news of our faith. Eldredge brought up the point that for the first 400 years after Jesus’ death, the cross did not appear in any Christian art whatsoever, but now the cross has become synonymous with Christianity. So we girls decided to take back the true meaning of our faith and instead of wearing crosses around our necks, that we would wear rocks. These would symbolize the rock that was rolled away from Jesus’ empty tomb, thereby promting the phrase, WDJG? (Buehler?… Buehler?)

Also, to confirm another Boys Are Dumb moment, Katy was telling us about a discussion she overheard between some male co-workers. They were describing some girls as being hot, but too hot, and therefore not attainable. Then others they described as “Tweeners.” The example they gave was Leann Rymes. “Some days she looks smokin’ and other days she looks like a horse.” So she’s a Tweener. Tweeners are apparently more attainable, and therefore worthy of these men’s affection. Are you kidding me?? There is such a thing as a girl being too hot? Is that the same thing as guys saying some women are too confident, too put-together, and ultimately too good for you? Is this really what you men are thinking, or are they just the excuses you tell us. Remember, I have read the book "He’s Just Not That Into You," so males, if you’re just not interested then say so- don’t blame it on me being out of your league and giving me the whole, “you will find someone else who deserves you so much more than I do” crap. If I wanted someone else I’d find someone else. I want you. Now either be the person I need you to be or get packin, but don’t give me pitiful excuses along the way.

So as a female I need to know if there is really such a thing, and I beg the question, how hot is too hot?

Today by the way, is Holy Thursday. Take a moment today (perhaps during your dinner tonight) to remember why we celebrate this day.

6 comments:

emilyb said...

This just proves that everyone THINKS too much. It's important to be realistic about something, but you can also seriously overanalyze.

Annalisa said...

I haven't the slightest clue what Holy Thursday is, sorry.

And I think that a woman can be too hot for men, it intimidates them. At least the guys you are speaking of in this post know that there are women who are better than them. I'm too good for a lot of guys, and not because I'm overwhelming hot, because I'm not, it's because I have morals and they don't.

ann said...

I too have read He's Just Not That Into You, which I felt silly buying, but did learn a great deal from. Don't know if I agree with everything in it however. I mean just becaue the Pirate King doesn't call me all the time doesn't mean that he's not into me. I mean he asked me to touch his sword. That has to mean something.

Anonymous said...

*blushes*....

A little too much pink on here today, not enough blue...

Adam said...

Hot girls ARE attainable. The proof is that I, an ordinary, dopey guy, have the most beautiful girlfriend EVER.

Amanda said...

Adam, this just proves to guys everywhere that they have no excuse! And btw, that is the sweetest comment ever. Our Allie Joy is a lucky girl too.

Ann Teischer: You are So Bad! Besides, he asked me to touch his sword for good luck as well. He's just not that into you. ;o)