Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Cats and More Cats

Tonight the University of Kentucky will play their last home game at Rupp tonight. It’s senior night, and I’m so sad I can’t be there. It was senior night 2 years ago that I sang at, and attended my last home ball game. Now That is depressing- to have not been to Rupp in 2 years… but I got some mighty fine barbecue. We take on the Vols tonight, and like I said earlier in the season, it has taken me a long time to be able to actually cheer for Kentucky and against UT, and not just be happy to see either team win, but I’m finally there. We don’t lose on senior night though, so there’s little to worry about. Anyone who wants to read a tear-jerker article can see this one on senior Chuck Hayes or this one on our other senior, Josh Carrier. Or maybe it's just me and I’m extremely emotional today, or maybe it was just the Mexican food from lunch rearing its ugly head.

Ari’s off to Reno for a few days. ("So unless we want to do this job in Reno, we’re in Barney…. Barney Rubble… Trouble." So yeah, I really need to see Hotel Rwanda because until then all I can think of is Basher from Ocean’s 11 when I see Don Cheadle!!) This means that her cat Kiki (Dee) (Don’t go breakin’ my heart) and I will get to spend some quality time together. We all know I am not extremely fond of cats. And cats are not extremely fond of me. But for Kiki I will sacrifice.

Ok, so yeah. Go Cats. We’ve just clinched our 43rd SEC title. We should have a Number One seed in the tourney… March Madness, here we come Baby!

4 comments:

ann said...

Amanda a comment for you......sorry it has taken me so long. I am a bad friend and a lier because I said that I would leave you a comment much sooner than it has taken me. I think it is cool that you are into sports!! Hotel Rawanda is a wonderful movie...very depressing though. I couldn't get him out of my head either as the Ocean's 11 guy. I can't get the Pirate King out of my head either!!!

Tadd said...

How neat...Ann left a comment! I like that you two are friends.

UK? Yeah, I'm fine.

jillymae said...

and now we know the REAL reason amanda wante to cut bible study short tonight...to get home and watch her UK cats!!! uh-huh, the truth comes out! ;)

Amanda said...

Jill, would you believe me if I said I honestly didn't even remember about the game until I walked out of Jean and Tabitha's apartment? Talk about a nice surprise :o)