Friday, November 19, 2004

smarter than the average bear

Let me just take a moment from my busy (ha!) day here at the good ol’ B&J and talk to you about a great American citizen and current crush of one Penthouse Pet. (and I’ll give you a hint- it isn’t me or Rhonda Lu who’s a smitten kitten). Yes, that would be Miss e.e. borders… kind of like e.e. cummings, only not a poet.

Hunter Taverner Hillenmeyer is a Nashville boy currently playing in the NFL. Since he went to Vanderbilt and Emmy Sue got to meet HTH at a Vandy conference in Chi-caaaago, she has been a Chatty Cathy non-stop about this kid. Her and her family have come up with a plethora of reasons why she and HTH are meant to be, aside from the fact that he’s smart (a double major at Vandy!) and good looking of course. Let me enlighten you:

-He’s from Nashville, Emily’s also from Nashville
-Hunter went to a private school (MBA aka. Momma’s Boy Academy), Em went to a private school
-He went to Vanderbilt, Hello!, Emily works at Vanderbilt.
And my personal fav:
-his name has nine syllables…. Her name has 9 syllables!!!

(I’ll pause for a moment while you count out the syllables.)
(And go ahead and count them in your own name as well. Rhonda has a grand total of 5 and I have a boring 6… guess it’s not meant to be with me and HTH.)

But the aforementioned cutie patootie played a crucial part in the safety in last week’s game of the Titans and the Bears and helped Chicago pull out a win. While we were sad that the Titans lost yet another game, we were happy for our Nashville Native doing well for his team. As newspaper & radio personality Brad About You says, there’s always a Nashville connection.

Best of Luck Em on your quest to becoming an NFL wife!!!

4 comments:

emilyb said...

You forgot to mention that he's absolutely A-DOR-A-BLE!!

Amanda said...

and YOU'RE absoluetly adorable! that's one more thing you've got in common. it's fate people.

Anonymous said...

it may be fate, but can emily stand to not be a titans fan anymore? (i think i could handle it...) ~ari

emilyb said...

His whole family has season tickets to the Titans, so I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I was a Titans fan (he's probably somewhat of a fan himself). Until the Bears/Titans play...that would be a different story. Listen to me, I'm talking like this is a reality. Oh, my poor, deranged mind.