Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Back in the saddle again

It’s a dreary Tuesday morning here in Nashvegas. I can’t seem to shake the urge to run home, put on my pjs and climb back into bed. (Cuddle Party anyone?) But the long weekend was great. I went from here to Indiana to Nashville to Knoxville and back home by Sunday evening. A whirlwind tour for sure, but darn it, there were just so many people who wanted to see me that I just had to oblige.

Thanksgiving was excellent. The best part of the meal for me is always after everyone’s finished eating. We sit around at the back porch table (yes, I got to sit at the Big Table this year!) and listen to my uncle Jerry tell stories. He has a knack for telling stories in a way that even if we have heard them over and over, they’re just as funny. (You should hear him tell the one about Chris taking a taxi to school everyday when he was little!) Thanksgiving night was a tame one at the Pumper with Ryan bartending. Frank Mafia wasn’t there though- I have to admit I was a little disappointed!

Friday night was MLK (that’s Martin Luther King Jr. Magnet High School for Health Sciences and Engineering if you want the full name) reunion night in Nashville as Daniel Robert and I went with ex-boyfriend Andrew and his girlfriend to Boundry.

Saturday was up to Knoxvegas to drown ourselves in a sea of orange, but I must admit- the best UT-UK I have been to in a while. If you didn’t hear, UK lead the entire game and lost in the last 38 seconds. A real heartbreaker for sure, but I was just flabbergasted the whole time that we were winning for that long. This is a team that I think has the 114th rated offense/defense in the entire country, and they came within seconds of beating the Vols at home. Just by luck I got to sit right next to the UK band in the one tiny corner of Blue in Neyland Stadium, so I enjoyed myself up until the very end. The rest of the Knoxville trip was spent consumed in Wedding stuff. Heather, Angie, Jacob, and I took a coupla "Vision Trips" as Heather called them, to the church and reception place to get decorating ideas. We also educated Jacob on the miraculous wonders of Toulle. That sweet boy made 3 trips to JoAnn’s fabrics in one weekend, bless his heart. (Have you ever noticed that Southerners use the phrase "Bless his/her heart" when really all they mean to say is, "what an idiot." It’s just a polite way of insulting someone really.) We shopped till we dropped for decorations and such till Queen Diva Angie and I made the 2 ½ hour trek back home.

Now it’s back to the grind. UK’s football season is officially over, but basketball season is well under way. Get ready to be edumakated on the Kentucky Wildcats as they prepare to take on UNC Saturday after beating Tennessee Tech tonight. Ok, back to my real job. A girl can’t make a living blogging, you know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

now why can't a girl make a living by blogging? 'splain lucy. glad to see you enjoyed your eventful weekend. i may just turn you into a traveler yet. ~ari :)