Monday, October 25, 2004

things I have learned from baseball and other ramblings

Alright, so Beckett bit the big one this year, and with Pudge gone, the Marlins just couldn't pull a repeat, so now I along with most Americans are watching the Cardinals take on the Red Sox for the world series. 2 games into it, this is what I've learned.

1. Those are Socks on the field, people!
2. Johnny Damon would actually be an attractive guy if it weren't for the long hair.
3. Even a shoe can be a billboard for advertisment.
4. Jimmy Fallon is an idiot and needs to wear a coat when it's 40 degrees outside.
5. Everyone knows by now who your Daddy is, Pedro

Stay tuned for part 2 of the top 10 after a few more games. I'm sure I can come up with some better observations than those. Anything's more entertaining these days than watching the Titans play.

Onto to tirade number 2. Why is it that women crave chocolate? Why not celery or tofu or anything else healthy? I think it's a cruel joke or else punishment left over from the garden of Eden. Men will be forced to toil and women will go through painful childbirth, and oh yes, they will all crave chocolate on a regular basis. Thanks a lot Eve.
Usually I can resist these cravings, but today i gave in. I wanted chocolate. I needed chocolate. So I perused the office vending machine and decided upon a pecan fudge brownie. About 3/4 of the way through the brownie I made the mistake of looking at the Nutrition Information. Ha Ha What a joke! They should call it the Stuff-you-really-don't-want-to-look-at Information. 9 fat grams I read... ok, not horrible I tell myself. 27 carbs... wow, that's alot, but ok... and then the dreaded clincher... serving size: 1/2 brownie. Are you freaking kidding me?? I just consumed 18 fat grams for a mid-afternoon snack?? And let's not even count up the rest, ok? It was then and there that I decided that I'm only craving vegetables from now on. There's got to be some kind of hypnosis that you can undergo that erases the word chocolate or french fries from your brain. Until then, I finished the brownie, and boy was it good!

5 comments:

jillymae said...

gotta love those serving sizes...who comes up with those anyway? people who live in munchkin land? they can't be real people

emilyb said...

And Kurt Schilling really does have red socks!!

RAAAGER said...

Nice to see I'm not the only one that goes on a tirade :-)
Titans?? Are they still playing?? Hey you think that's bad, try being a fan of The Panthers and the Titans !! I'm borderline suicidal on Sunday afternoons. Oh, and did I mention my Fantasy Football team (also called Tennessee Titans) is 0-7?? What gives???

How can you have TWO servings from that little brownie? Geez!

Kobosky262 said...

Yes, I understand about those serving sizes. It is funny that over here in HK the parents tell their children to eat everything on their plate because there are hungry children in the West who are just not a fortunate as the rest of us... talk about tables being turned! Got to love it! Long live the Veggie Queen. ~shel

Anonymous said...

you're craving chocolate b/c your body has depleted an essential nutrient that chocolate imitates. that's all. if veggies provided nutrients it would be a totally different story...oh wait...never mind. :) just don't do the brownie thing every day and you'll be fine and NEVER EVER EVER look at the "nutritional information" unless you want to die of a heart attack brought on not by the things you eat/ate but by reading about them. ~ari