Tuesday, October 12, 2004

PURE FRIED GOODNESS!!

OK, so Rhonda said she was going to blog about this, but since she hasn't, I'm going to steal her thunder. Shhhh...don't tell her! After church on Sunday, Rhonda, Beth, Katie, Katie's friend Barrett, and I went to Green Hills Grille for lunch. I know, it's a good story already. As we sat down, Rhonda realized she knew our waiter. Evidently he was her "flirt buddy" when she worked at Chilli's. So Todd, the co-flirter, walks up to the table to take our drink order. Ok so I didn't know there was such a thing as a "quadruple-take", but let me assure you, there is. He kept looking at her...looking at his notepad...looking at her...looking at his notepad. I wanted her to scream, "YES, YOU KNOW ME!" But she didn't. When it got to me to order my drink, I simply asked, "How much is a drink?" Now, I thought this would be an easy question for Todd, but evidently it wasn't. So, I explained, "How much does a Diet Coke cost?" Being the detailed person that he is, he replied, "Oh, I don't know...about $2." So I kindly refused the drink and asked for water instead. (I was in a frugal mood, what can I say?) Written all over his face was, "You cheapskate, just get the drink." But out of his mouth came, "I'll bring you the diet coke and I won't charge you for it." I said no thanks, I'll just have water. So out come the drinks, and guess what he brought me? Water......and, yep, a diet coke! And might I add he brought them promptly (HA!)? When it came time to order, I ordered the white bean soup and salad. And then it came....the...PURE...FRIED...GOODNESS. Now for those of you who don't know about Pure Fried Goodness, let me explain. You can only get it on Sundays, but it's a corn cake that is deep fried and served warm. Trust me, they're oh-so-good! But, please, if you go to Green Hills Grille, don't ask for Pure Fried Goodness! That's an Emmysue original. And for those of you who are wondering what this frugal gal did after she had lunch...I went shoe shopping, of course!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm very proud of your frugality (is that a word?) and thrilled that you enjoyed your meal. however, you left out the important stuff about rhonda and the cute waiter. did anything happen? any recognition? anything? crazy girl! let's plan a sogweaw lunch soon. ~ari.

Adam said...

After being kindly ordered to read the blog on Pure Fried Goodness, I must say that, even though it is 12:29am, I am now extremely hungry and am considering a break-in at the Green Hills Grille.

Rhonda Lu said...

Hello there Adam! Thanks for gracing our little blog with your presence :)

Amanda said...

Adam?? Adam who? Have you girls been making new friends while I was gone?

MamaB said...

Is Adam the waiter and I agree with Ari---what happened between him and RhondaLu? You left the best part out of the story but you did intrigue me with the southern fried goodness. Mama B