Friday, October 08, 2004

Matchmaking

Happy Friday everyone! Only 4 hours left in the workweek! I've been slacking in my upkeep of the Diva Domain and for that I apologize. It's just not the same without Amanda and I've been struggling with things to let you tawlk amongst ya'selves.

I just got back from a fabulous lunch at Logan's Roadhouse with 6 co-workers. The 2 other girls in my department are both my managers. I call them girls because we all share the same mentality, which know that I think about it you'd wonder how we even function. So maybe it's me with the mentality of a girl....anyway....that's not my story. (Background for those who don't know me: I work in marketing for Logan's.) There's a server named Justin at Logan's who reportedly thinks I am cute and wants to meet me. My managers think he's just great and love the idea. So today they were planning ("plangenting" if you will) an introduction between me and Justin, unbeknownst to me.

According to them, my first mistake was not sitting next to them at the table. Sorry! Justin was not our server but he walked by a lot and we did the whole make-eye-contact-but-then-I-look-away thing. If you removed his earrings, he'd be an absolute cutie-patootie! Tan, cute little glasses, TALL, good "build." But yeah he's got little hoop earrings in both ears and that would just drive me batty. Now that I think about it, I think I dated someone with an earring before and I cannot for the life of me remember who it was!! What the heck??? Hmm maybe I dreamed it up, or maybe it was someone I just went out with once, or maybe it was some bad boy I just admired from afar. Somebody order me some memory pills ASAP.

I saw my friend Mandy at Logan's as well (Hi Mandy!). My second mistake was hauling my arse out of the restaurant when we were done eating. I was "supposed" to stick around so L & H could act out the plangent to introduce Mr. Justin. I'm just not that in tune with their inner plangents and I was out the door before they knew it. We talked about it on the way back to work and decided that a group activity would have to br organized for me to officially meet Mr. Earrings. L & H and Justin have the same friends so it wouldn't be so awkward to do something together. So we'll see if anything comes of this new development.

1 comment:

Kobosky262 said...

Hey Rhonda, your blogging is awesome. Keep me posted on Mr. Earing. Keep up eating the peanuts!! I am still waiting for a Logan's Roadhouse here! Love you ~shel