Thursday, October 28, 2004

I heart I Heart Huckabees

This movie is a must see if you like off-the-wall, quirky movies. The acting is superb and the characters are perfect in their roles, which is why I found it laugh-out-loud funny. That, and I am able to laugh at the ridiculous existential philosophies that they try to adhere to in this movie. I can appreciate the humor in this, knowing that my faith in God spares me from ever having to go through what the characters do in this film. If I have any takers, I'll go see it again. And just to whet your appetite, here are a few quotes I found that might spark your interest.

Albert Markovski (Jason Schwartzman): Nobody sits like this rock sits. You rock rock. The rock just sits and is. You show us how to just sit here and that's what we need.

Dawn Campbell (Namoi Watts): I'm in my tree, I'm talking to the Dixie Chicks and they're making me feel better.

Albert: We're not in infinity we're in the suburbs

Tommy Corn (Mark Wahlburg): We'd all be heroes if we stopped using petroleum

Dawn: You can't deal with my infinite nature can you?
Brad Stand (Jude Law): That is so not true. Wait. What does that even mean?

Albert: I torched your jet skis
Brad: And my house???
Albert: No, just the jet skis. It spread to the garage... and then to the house.


Tommy: What are you doing tomorrow?
Albert: I was thinking of chaining myself to a bulldozer. Wanna come?
Tommy: What time?
Albert: 1, 1:30
Tommy: Should I bring my own chains?

3 comments:

Gavin said...

Like the blog, I will be back

jillymae said...

sounds like a movie i would dig, sign me up to go with ya, chica!

by the way, everybody needs to check out my latest blog entry...i found out Amanda's big secret! ;)

Anonymous said...

it's time to add the uk basketball schedule to your "items of interest." let me know if you need a copy of it. ~ari