Monday, October 04, 2004

Dogs are not more important than people!

Who is LOVIN this weather? I think this is my favorite time of year. It's absolutely geaorgeous (ok, I didn't mean to spell it like that, but I think I like it that way) outside and then you get to start wearing sweaters! Seriously...this weather puts me in the best mood. So if you need any special favors, now is the time to ask for them.
I had a fairly uneventful weekend. I got home from a conference in Minneapolis on Friday and I was totally zonked from that--not to mention I'm struggling with allergies...that's my least favorite part about the changing of the seasons! Saturday, Rhonda, her parents, and I took my dog, Dixie, to "Dog Day" at Centennial Park. Ok, don't get me wrong, I'm a dog-lover, but these people mean serious business!! This one lady saw I had a Westie and she started telling me about her 3 Westies. She proceeds to pull out a picture of her 3 dogs with her young son. Then, get this, she says, "and here's a picture of my 3 babies". Count 'em, folks, THREE! Not 4 to include her SON in the mix...but 3! It was pitiful. Then she turns to Rhonda and asks her if she has any "babies". I mean, come on, people...throw me a frickin' bone here (pun intended). I spent Saturday night half sleeping/half watching the Vols get their butts wooped by Auburn. How embarassing...and in our own back yard. And to top that off, the Titans lost, too. What is UP with Tennessee Football? (Don't answer that). Sunday, I went to church and then went to the Brentwood Tour of Homes with my mom. All I have to say is "WOW!" Really, that's all I can say...
I have to admit, it's much more fun blogging on Amanda's site. I wonder if she'll let us Penthouse girls continue once she's back from SA? I wonder if anyone is reading this in her absence? C'mon, people, show some love for the understudies!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm reading! don't i count for anything?!? i think bradley would be impressed at both of your efforts. you ladies are doing a great job. fyi, my cat is my baby, but i don't have other children, so go figure. maybe i need a kid....food for thought. ~ari

emilyb said...

Thanks, Anonymous Ari! You're our most faithful follower. And we love Kiki! (Did I spell that right?)

jillymae said...

i think you guys are doing a fantabulous job! rawk on =)

Whiskee River said...

Your doing a fine job, Tenessee Football....not so much.

I was also born in the year of the Dog, yet, I know the diference bteween puppies and babies, lol.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! your site has been approved to join the *NEW* "COOLEST personal weblogs webring"! join now at http://www.ringsurf.com/netring?ring=keep_it_real;action=addform and increase publicity to your blog among other webloggers!