Thursday, October 07, 2004

Coffee Explosion!

Well, I came home early from work yesterday, because I felt so terrible. Poor Miss Kitty (Rhonda Lu's mom)...I just walked right in the door, went to my room, shut the door, and went to sleep. I was NO help in the kitchen to prepare for dinner with my parents. I slept for an hour and then came back into the land of the living. My parents came and we ate and visited...I began to feel better with a little food in me. But then I got tired, so I went to bed about 9:15--the earliest in a LONG time. For all of those out there that care about my health, I'm feeling much better this morning. It's amazing what some advil and some sleep can do for the body! This story has a point, I promise. So I wake up feeling much better, only to make a complete mess in the kitchen. So I'm making my lunch, minding my own business, when I see the Brita filter empty on the cabinet. I think to myself, "self, why don't you fill that pitcher up so everyone can have clean drinking water?" So logically, I grabbed the pitcher to move it to the sink, and then BAM!!!! COFFEE EXPLOSION!! Somehow, I knocked over Miss Kitty's mug of coffee. I'm not talking a little mug; I'm talking a BIG mug filled to the brim with coffee. (Luckily for me and my skin, it was not scalding hot). Coffe was everywhere...and I do mean EVERYWHERE. I mean, I wouldn't have been surprised if coffee had gotten inside the microwave. Thanks to Rhonda-to-the-rescue, she helped me clean it all up--no thanks to the black dish towels that don't absorb anything. Thanks, Big Lots! All that to say, stay away from me today...I'll either get you sick or I'm an accident waiting to happen.

2 comments:

Rhonda Lu said...

I found some dried coffee in my ear when I got to work this morning....

Anonymous said...

me too, which is weird, b/c i don't even like coffee. just kidding, i hope you're feeling better emmy. ~ari